Housing benefits

The residents of rental housing may be entitled to housing benefits, whether they rent social-assistance housing or housing on the open market.


Application and rules

  • Applications for housing benefits have to be submitted here, Housing benefits
  • The application must be renewed at the beginning of each year.
  • A residential lease agreement must be registered in order to apply for housing benefits. This will be done at District Commissioners office in the region where the leased flat is registered.
  • In order to be entitled to housing benefits, the applicant must have his or her domicile in the housing in question. Students studying in another local community are exempted from this requirement.
    FAQ and more here, Housing benefits

Links of interest

Laws and regulations